Residential Real Estate Law
Buying and selling a home is the most important and complicated financial
decision that many people make in their lifetimes. In any residential real
estate deal, both buyers and sellers must review many complex papers, including
legally binding documents that require signature.
Your Realtor or salesperson can give you sales services but they are not
authorized to give legal advice. Legal advice and representation from an
attorney whose practice focuses on residential real estate can help minimize
your financial risk and may be the most important step as you begin your
property purchase negotiations.
Get peace of mind by hiring an experienced residential real estate lawyer to
guide you through the purchase or sale of your property. Contact real estate
lawyer Thomas Alore today.
You Arranged a Home Inspection ... Did You Get a "Legal Inspection"? In your
deal there is likely a home inspector to look for defects and problems at the
property, a lender to create the loan and a title company to generate title. But
who is reviewing and explaining the purchase and sale documents with your best
interests in mind?
As an attorney who has concentrated legal experience in residential real estate
transactions, I can give you a "legal inspection" of your transaction.
You Need a Residential Real Estate Lawyer If ...
If you do not know the answers to the
following questions, I urge you to contact me before completing the sale or
purchase. I can review documents, write necessary paperwork, help make sure
title is clear and attend the closing as your advocate.
- What terms of your Agreement of Sale are negotiable?
- What are your obligations once you sign the Agreement of Sale?
- What is a Seller's Property Disclosure Statement, and when is it required?
- Who holds down payment (earnest money) and how much is appropriate?
- What is a mortgage contingency and how does it affect your transaction?
- What is a home inspection contingency and what option is best for you?
- What is title insurance, a title commitment and what issues are involved in a title encumbrance?
- What are the common pitfalls encountered by "for sale by owner" sellers?
- What is the best way to handle environmental issues such as mold or termites?
- Can you terminate the Agreement of Sale?
- What are liquidated damages?
- What charges should you expect at the property settlement or closing?
Experienced and Convenient Legal Representation for Residential Real Estate Buyers and Sellers
I have 20 years of legal experience and have focused my legal practice on residential real estate for the last several years. I stay up-to-date on legal developments that affect home purchase agreements and other residential real estate matters. My real estate clients get the added backing of a full-service litigation firm if disputes arising from the real estate sale cannot be resolved through negotiation.
My job is to make your real estate transaction as convenient and worry-free as possible.
I offer free initial telephone consultations by phone or in person. My office makes full use of current communications technologies, and many of my clients obtain complete, personal service via phone and Internet communication without having to appear in my office.
Agreements of Sale · Sellers Property Disclosure Statements · Review Title ·
Settlements and Closings · For Sale By Owner
Contact me for assistance before buying or selling a home. I will help make sure that the transaction protects your best interests, and I can help you complete the transaction with confidence and peace of mind.